Friday, April 24, 2009

Is There A Streaker In the Room?

I got to wondering today if there is a streaker streak in our family......

Miss Fairygirl has clearly decided that this is her new passion in life. She is adept at sneaking off quietly, shedding the clothes, dropping the nappy & running into whichever room I'm in & doing a spanky dance complete with ta da & waits for the applause! No, that room I'm in does not necessarily mean me on the couch with my box of chocolate, tv remote & bottle(s) of bubbles by my side. The kid is 2 & a bit years old. Where did she learn this? Even more so, where did she learn a spanky dance? Is this to become extreme potty-training, cos I sure didn't sign up for that. How do I keep up when she keeps launching surprise attacks? Those are NOT chocolate drops on the floor next to the abandoned nappy people.

After Miss FG had climbed up her changing table to kindly let me put a new nappy on (yeah, I know gasps of horror from parenting bodies, but apparently she's morphed into a monkey), I asked her to let me know when she wanted to change her nappy coz we could try, well I don't know - using the potty & the answer?!? NO WAY. There was no discussion, no coaxing, no nothing. Maybe next time I'll open negotiations with chocolate.......

Does this mean that she takes after her Uncle Roddy who is partial to the odd nudie run now & then?!? Well, the points of difference would be
  1. She's not drunk (although quite possibly on a chocolate high)
  2. She's not attending a bucks weekend
  3. She's not drunk

Although, come to think of it, King Carlyboy has been known to also get his kit off in public as well. Strangely enough, each time he has been hanging out with Uncle Roddy....... (smooches to Uncle Roddy who is safely at least 10 - 12 hours travel away from getting revenge on his big sis. My room is safe from being tied up once again ha ha ha)

Co-incidence? I think not.

Is it in the genes or the jeans?!?

1 comment:

  1. My six-year-old has been doing that since she was old enough to rip her gear off and run around. Even now, she loves to surprise me, by running into the room, completely starkers, and doing a dance which involves spanking her own bottom. She also has a habit of climbing poles (in playgrounds, car sign poles etc, not in strip clubs thankfully) and swinging around them. I'm a bit worried about what she'll be when she grows up ...
    Thanks for visiting my blog. I think you're the first Aussie in New Zealand to comment on my blog. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

The Birthday Princess ~ January 2009

The Birthday Princess  ~ January 2009
FG enjoys her birthday cupcake

The Birthday Princess

The Birthday Princess
Back Away From The Cupcake........

The Living is Easy ~ January 2008

The Living is Easy ~ January 2008
In the swim.....

Bridie at Play

Bridie at Play
As long as the tide is in, this is where you'll find AF!

Meara Takes It Easy

Meara Takes It Easy
Its hard work playing on the beach...sometimes you gotta take a rest

The Swing ~ Awhitu Jan 2009

The Swing ~ Awhitu Jan 2009
AF loves the swing - it's a fixture now each time we go camping

King Carlyboy

King Carlyboy
KOTF kicking back on the couch

Fairygirl's Hard Day at the Office

Fairygirl's Hard Day at the Office

About Me

Im v. happily married to my sweetheart Wayne & have 2 gorgeous daughters ~ Angelface Bridie (7) + Fairygirl Meara (2). We are Aussies living in New Zealand and loving our stay!

Followers