Thursday, April 2, 2009

Angelface is a Tri-athlete!

Me ~ I am a certified couch potato ~"NO TRAIN - NO PAIN" is my motto.

BUT, Miss Angelface completed a triathlon at school & I am one proud momma!!! She sooooo didn't get any athletic ability from me. Okay, so it was downsized for the munchkins abilities, but my AF gave it her all & she scored. She was in the turtle group for the swim & came first in her group (YAY) & then it was a little drama in getting her shoes on before the run to the scooters & a final run around the field for the breathtaking finish! My girl was so proud of herself to finish & so was I.

There were a few tense moments this morning as my athlete hasn't grasped the concept of shoelace tying - we are almost there - & was convinced that she would get into trouble at school because she couldn't get the job done, but I managed to coax her into by letting her know that there would be help if she needed it. Connor's mum was a gem in helping out at this stage.

After the swim across the pool & changing drama, she was so busy concentrating that she zipped right by Miss Fairygirl & I on her way to the scooter arena. I don't know how she did coz the scooter bit was around the corner & there was no parental access. So will imagine that she put the pedal to the medal & went for it as afterwards she sprinted as fast as her legs would pump past us to the running field. Miss FG & I only made it down to the track in time to see the last 20 metres of he run, she was going that fast!

So my big girl had a blast & I didn't get any pics (ooops sorry!) Unfortunately King Carlyboy had to work so he'll get the full details tonight at dinner. That's my girl!

1 comment:

  1. Go you Bridie Girl!!!
    She must take after her Aunty Dan!! NOTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

The Birthday Princess ~ January 2009

The Birthday Princess  ~ January 2009
FG enjoys her birthday cupcake

The Birthday Princess

The Birthday Princess
Back Away From The Cupcake........

The Living is Easy ~ January 2008

The Living is Easy ~ January 2008
In the swim.....

Bridie at Play

Bridie at Play
As long as the tide is in, this is where you'll find AF!

Meara Takes It Easy

Meara Takes It Easy
Its hard work playing on the beach...sometimes you gotta take a rest

The Swing ~ Awhitu Jan 2009

The Swing ~ Awhitu Jan 2009
AF loves the swing - it's a fixture now each time we go camping

King Carlyboy

King Carlyboy
KOTF kicking back on the couch

Fairygirl's Hard Day at the Office

Fairygirl's Hard Day at the Office

About Me

Im v. happily married to my sweetheart Wayne & have 2 gorgeous daughters ~ Angelface Bridie (7) + Fairygirl Meara (2). We are Aussies living in New Zealand and loving our stay!

Followers