Thursday, April 23, 2009

I Got Those Autumn Blues

Summer has gone & Autumn is here. Normally I LOOOOOOOVE the change of season, seeing the leaves change to sunbursts of yellow, fire-engine reds & finally crunchy browns, the chilly nip in the air, the layers of clothes, the snow trip with the Wilcox street gang, the trips to Bright to fossick for cool stuff, the comfort food & the stocking-up of winter pud kilos..... okay so the last part is not so hot & I've achieved that already, but now today, well nah uh do I want to venture onwards to Autumn & Winter. I wanna chuck a tanty & say NO WAY to the cold stuff.

Is it because we live in a house that has no heating & I'm yet to get used to the whole damp house phenomenon? The whole, it's raining AGAIN & the kids are bouncing off the walls with excess energy & stay away from those million clothes drying racks otherwise you'll be in big trouble missy days. Yep. Can't wait to have the tumbledryer on high rotation & looking forward to that huge bill from the power company.

I do love living in Auckland, but the housing scene seems to bite the big one on the whole. I miss our Lavi house, I miss the cosy feel of the fire roaring away. I miss using it to cook with, boil the kettle, dry clothes, read the papers next to, curl up in front of to watch tv... I just miss it. So there.

Yeah I know - suck it up & quit the sooky la la act.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Birthday Princess ~ January 2009

The Birthday Princess  ~ January 2009
FG enjoys her birthday cupcake

The Birthday Princess

The Birthday Princess
Back Away From The Cupcake........

The Living is Easy ~ January 2008

The Living is Easy ~ January 2008
In the swim.....

Bridie at Play

Bridie at Play
As long as the tide is in, this is where you'll find AF!

Meara Takes It Easy

Meara Takes It Easy
Its hard work playing on the beach...sometimes you gotta take a rest

The Swing ~ Awhitu Jan 2009

The Swing ~ Awhitu Jan 2009
AF loves the swing - it's a fixture now each time we go camping

King Carlyboy

King Carlyboy
KOTF kicking back on the couch

Fairygirl's Hard Day at the Office

Fairygirl's Hard Day at the Office

About Me

Im v. happily married to my sweetheart Wayne & have 2 gorgeous daughters ~ Angelface Bridie (7) + Fairygirl Meara (2). We are Aussies living in New Zealand and loving our stay!

Followers