Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Random Acts of Munchkin Cuteness

So I was at work on Tuesday night at the supermarket (I'm an on-line shopper which means I am a CHAMPION shopper, but more about that another time) and am picking items in the produce section at the front of the store when a v. cute little munchkin came up to me and started burbling away in a mix of toddler-speak & an Asian language ~ her own little concoction, fully expecting me to understand every word of course..... Anyway, she was very interested in what I was doing, checked out my grocery trolley & then gave me a little knee-hug which were on her eye level & toddled off! Her mum caught up with her about halfway through her explorations and we had a general chat about kids & stuff & then they left to finish her shopping. Now I hadn't met either the woman nor the child before, had seen them a few times in the supermarket when they were shopping, but that's about it.

Come Wednesday morning I was at my local shopping centre (shopping again ~ I told you I was a champion!) when the same little munchkin appeared this time to say hello & talk to Fairygirl. This time she flung herself into my arms for a cuddle when I bent down to say hi! Don't you just love kids enthusiasm? (Okay, well, not all kids truth be told, some you want to keep at a distance and kind of pat them on the head & keep it at that....) She was such a cutie-pie! Anyway, her mum has noticed us & got up from her coffee ~ a huge effort I can appreciate as not having had a coffee myself at that stage..... to say hi & we oooohed & aaaaahed over our v. cute kids. Now keep in mind we are really strangers who have just kinda chitchatted in passing once, but these were genuinely nice people who didn't have to, but took the time out to be nice to someone. Which really gave me a nice buzz.

Anyway, after that cute encounter, we headed up to Whitcoulls bookstore for story time. I was thinking maybe FG would love to hear some stories & sing & dance with other kids ~ well nuh uh. She was waaaaay more interested in checking the place out & when the storyteller brought out a bunch of stickers ~ well she was like a guided missile to those stickers!!! Miss AF is currently obsessed with stickers & therefore FG is too. Eventually she got into the Ring-a-rosie dance and was probably the most enthusiastic kid at throwing herself down at the end - it's okay for her, she doesn't have as far to to the ground to go. But it was at the end of the story time when Fairygirl started making a bee-line for the cutest boy in class....she knows how to work those baby blues!! Pity that the little boy is only 9 months, at that age he really is a toy-boy that she can boss around. That's my girl.

So people ~ be nice to others, you just might make their day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Birthday Princess ~ January 2009

The Birthday Princess  ~ January 2009
FG enjoys her birthday cupcake

The Birthday Princess

The Birthday Princess
Back Away From The Cupcake........

The Living is Easy ~ January 2008

The Living is Easy ~ January 2008
In the swim.....

Bridie at Play

Bridie at Play
As long as the tide is in, this is where you'll find AF!

Meara Takes It Easy

Meara Takes It Easy
Its hard work playing on the beach...sometimes you gotta take a rest

The Swing ~ Awhitu Jan 2009

The Swing ~ Awhitu Jan 2009
AF loves the swing - it's a fixture now each time we go camping

King Carlyboy

King Carlyboy
KOTF kicking back on the couch

Fairygirl's Hard Day at the Office

Fairygirl's Hard Day at the Office

About Me

Im v. happily married to my sweetheart Wayne & have 2 gorgeous daughters ~ Angelface Bridie (7) + Fairygirl Meara (2). We are Aussies living in New Zealand and loving our stay!

Followers